Middle School Information

General Information

The Middle School provides students and teachers with many exciting educational opportunities. The patterns of study for children in this age group have been carefully considered to better bridge the transition from the Junior School. The Middle school was developed with the purpose of nurturing students in these “middle years” allowing them to experience a wide range of subjects, with a view to exploring their “giftedness”. An emphasis on the development of strong and supportive relationships between students and teachers is highlighted in the Middle years. A number of options have been considered and the following pattern has been adopted at Trinity Christian School.

Year 6

Year 6 students have a core teacher for 75% of their time and undertake a range of “enrichment” studies with specialist teachers for the remaining 25% of the time. Their lessons take place within the Years 6 – 12 timetable and therefore are consistent with the Years 6 – 10 / 12 bell times. The Core teacher however, has the flexibility to organise their class timetable within the blocked 75% allocation. The 25% of specialist subjects include, Music, Dance & Drama, Visual Art, German/Spanish, Computing and Sport. All students study their Dance & Drama and Art in a Semester rotation.

Year 7

Year 7 students are taught by their two main core teachers for 50% of their lesson time. The first core teacher covers the areas of English, SOSE and Christian Life Studies. The second core teacher covers Mathematics and Science. In addition to these areas, the students study a range of enrichment subjects, which include Home Economics, Textiles, Design Tech Wood, Design Tech Metal, Music, Dance & Drama, Visual Art, Health/PE/Sport, Computing and German/Spanish. Students study their Dance & Drama and Art in a Semester rotation.

Year 8

Year 8 students have one core teacher, covering the areas of English, SOSE and Christian Life Studies. Mathematics and Science are taught by specialist teachers. In addition, students study a wide range of enrichments subjects which include Home Economics, Textiles, Design Tech Wood, Design Tech Metal, Music, Dance & Drama, Visual Art, Health/PE/Sport, Computing and German/Spanish. The Dance & Drama, Music and Art courses are studied for one Semester.

Additional information