Teaching Positions Available
Joining Our Team
Trinity Christian School is an independent, co-educational Preschool to Year 12 school located in the Tuggeranong Valley in Canberra. For over 40 years, Trinity Christian School has been equipping students to live meaningful lives beyond school. However, the true indication of a school’s quality is not in its past but in how well its students learn to have loving hearts, enquiring minds and generous spirits. These are the core aspirations we have for our students and are vital to the Christian education we provide.
At Trinity Christian School we endeavour to make the link between our faith, what we do and how we teach. As a teacher at Trinity, how you teach must help our students in becoming who they were created to be in Christ. How you teach should also bring a Kingdom perspective, set students’ minds on things above, deliver meaning and show purpose.
Your pedagogy as a classroom teacher at Trinity should engage enquiring minds, build questioning, allow for grappling, exploring and reasoning. The students you teach should be given opportunities to grow and serve, so they may see who they are becoming and their purpose. As you undertake to grow your learners in both faith and learning, you must build in them the capacity to do so.
Our Strategic Priorities 2019-2022 have seen significant research, planning and change over the past few years. This work culminated in various reports such as our 2030 Learning Futures paper, which outlines our direction as a ‘Learning Centred School’ and the Relational Schools Report, which provided a clear place for student wellbeing in the school.
Benefits of Working at Trinity
Trinity Christian School is an employer that promotes staff excellence and values the benefit that our professional team bring to the school. In addition to the highly competitive remuneration and conditions as set out in the MEA we offer the following additional benefits to our staff across the school including:
- Attractive salary packaging arrangements
- School fee concessions
- Generous annual Staff Development Award program
- Access to employee Assistance Program
- Access to annual influenza vaccinations
- Financial support for relocation expenses for many positions
Teaching Positions Available
We are seeking to appoint a number of gifted and energetic full-time and part-time educators to join us for 2023.
We are looking to have some of our new 2023 staff commence with us in 2022 to increase the overall capacity across our school.
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate at interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship (a church holding a doctrinal position compatible with the Doctrinal Basis of the School), as well as the following skills and experience:
- A sharp, research-informed progressive vision of learning and teaching and the capacity to create a rich and invigorating learning environment in a Christian learning community of excellence.
- A gifted, dynamic teacher with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the development and educational needs of students and a passion for encouraging them in faith in Jesus Christ.
- Excellent academic qualifications and subject knowledge.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and a willingness to relate with compassion, humility, grace, strength and integrity to students, families and staff.
We are always looking for engaging, Christian professionals to join our team. Please submit an application form to apply to be included on our Relief staff list. Please specify on your application form that you are interested in casual/relief work.