MUSIC & CREATIVE ARTS
In our Curriculum
At Trinity Christian School we offer all our students the opportunity to develop their gifts and talents through our Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) subjects of visual art, drama and music. CAPA is in integral part of the curriculum from Early Learning through to Senior School.
Music, singing, dance, art and craft are incorporated daily into the classroom and outdoor learning experiences.
Students are taught weekly by a specialist music teacher, where they learn the elements of music through singing, movement and playing instruments. Drama, dance and visual art are taught by members of the classroom teacher team.
Students have an allocation of two periods per week for Art, Music and/or Drama with a specialist teacher.
A range of CAPA subjects and courses are available for students to incorporate into their educational package. For further information see Learning and Curriculum.
As well as the emphasis on creative arts within the classroom, Trinity offers the following co-curricular activities and programs for interested students:
- Choirs - Infants, Junior, Trinity Singers
- Bands and Ensembles - Junior Concert, Middle Worship, Jazz, String Ensemble, Guitar Ensemble, Senior Worship, Senior Concert
- Music tours
- Biannual Official School Musical Production
- Dance groups - Infants, Junior
- Drama performances - College drama, Shakespeare
- Art shows and exhibitions
We also offer private music tuition during school hours with specialist tutors in*:
- Clarinet/Bass Clarinet
- French horn
*A fee is charged for all private lessons.