Vocational Education and Training
Trinity Christian School offers senior students a range of opportunities for practical, competency based training that helps prepare them for the workforce. The Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications are nationally recognised and can be completed in Year 10, 11 and 12. The qualifications can provide:
- Practical, workplace experience.
- Immediate employment prospects both locally and internationally.
- Prerequisites for entry into Diploma and Degree courses.
- The opportunity to sample particular vocations, before a student commits themselves in the workforce.
VET Certificates currently offered
Trinity Christian School is able to deliver certain VET Certificates, under the auspices of RTO’s including Transformational Institute Australia and Canberra Institute of Technology. The following qualifications are offered in 2019:
- CH30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- SIT10216 & SIT20316 Certificate I & II in Hospitality
- SIT20416 Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
- ICT30115 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- SIS20213 Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation through the Outdoor Education A/T/M course
- CHC14015 & CHC24015 Certificate I & II in Active Volunteering
Important information about VET Certificates
All VET Certificates are competency based. They do not count towards an ATAR, but contribute points towards a student’s Year 12 Certificate. Excluding the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, all VET Certificates at Trinity are delivered through the normal T or A course of study. Most Certificates will be attained after a full two year course of study. They incorporate Structured Workplace Learning, meaning that students are assessed in a relevant workplace outside of school hours.
If the full requirements of a Certificate are not met, students will be awarded a Statement of Attainment listing Units of Competence achieved according to Standards under subsection 185 (1) of the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011.
For further information about Vocational Education at Trinity Christian School, contact VET Coordinator, Mr Tony Davies, or download TCS VET Qualifications Brochure.
Trinity Christian School Careers Tools
Trinity provides an online resource containing all necessary information for Senior School students about universities, vocational education, apprenticeships, work experience, and job vacancies. Students are encouraged to bookmark this website and visit it regularly to stay informed https://careersed.tcs.act.edu.au/.