Vocational Education and Training
Trinity Christian School offers senior students a range of opportunities for practical, competency based training that helps prepare them for the workforce. The Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications are nationally recognised and can be completed in Year 10, 11 and 12. The qualifications can provide:
- Practical, workplace experience.
- Immediate employment prospects both locally and internationally.
- Prerequisites for entry into Diploma and Degree courses.
- The opportunity to sample particular vocations, before a student commits themselves in the workforce.
- The opportunity to develop employability skills, essential for the workplace.
VET Certificates currently offered
Trinity Christian School is able to deliver certain VET Certificates, under the auspices of RTO’s including Transformational Institute (RTO number 31269), Canberra Institute of Technology (RTO number 0101) and iVET (RTO number 40548).
The following qualifications are being offered in 2021 by Transformational Institute (RTO number 31269):
- SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT20416 Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
- ICT30120 Certificate III in Information Technology
The following qualifications are being offered in 2021 by iVET:
- SIS20213 Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation through the Outdoor Education A/T/M course
- CHC14015 & CHC24015 Certificate I & II in Active Volunteering
The following qualifications are being offered in 2021 by Canberra Institute of Technology:
- CH30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
For further information about Vocational Education at Trinity Christian School, contact VET Coordinator, Mrs Jen Neish. Students should make an appointment or drop in to see Mrs Neish for all information regarding careers, University, work experience, ASBAs or VET. Please visit careersed.tcs.act.edu.au to make an online booking.
The Trinity Careers Office, located downstairs in room R5A, is available for all Senior Students and is open throughout the school terms.
Trinity Christian School Careers Tools
Trinity provides an online resource containing all necessary information for Senior School students about universities, vocational education, apprenticeships, work experience, and job vacancies. Students are encouraged to bookmark this website and visit it regularly to stay informed careersed.tcs.act.edu.au.