Vocational Education and Training
Trinity Christian School offers senior students a range of opportunities for practical, competency based training that helps prepare them for the workforce. The Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications are nationally recognised and can be completed in Year 10, 11 and 12. The qualifications can provide:
- Practical, workplace experience.
- Immediate employment prospects both locally and internationally.
- Prerequisites for entry into Diploma and Degree courses.
- The opportunity to sample particular vocations, before a student commits themselves in the workforce.
- The opportunity to develop employability skills, essential for the workplace.
VET Certificates currently offered
Trinity Christian School is able to deliver certain VET Certificates, under the auspices of RTO’s including iVET (RTO number 40548), Alphacrucis College (RTO number 90525) and The Australian Academy of Media (RTO number 45017)
The following qualifications are being offered in 2023 by Alphacrucis College (RTO number 90525)::
- SIT20322 Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT30622 Certificate III in Hospitality
- SIT20416 Certificate II in Kitchen Operations (Year 12 2023 only)
- CH30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
The following qualification is being offered in 2023 by iVET: SIS20419 Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation through the Outdoor Education A/T/M course
For further information about Vocational Education at Trinity Christian School, contact VET Coordinator, Mrs Shevaun Doughton. Students should make an appointment or drop in to see Mrs Doughton or another member of the team for all information regarding careers, University, work experience, ASBAs or VET. Please visit careersed.tcs.act.edu.au to make an online booking.
Careers Advice and Careers Tools
The Trinity Careers Office, located downstairs in room R5A, is available for all Senior Students and is open throughout the school terms.
Trinity provides an online resource containing all necessary information for Senior School students about universities, vocational education, apprenticeships, work experience, and job vacancies. Students are encouraged to bookmark this website and visit it regularly to stay informed careersed.tcs.act.edu.au.